Do I Make My Case about Sober-Mindedness?


 I just finished reading my own book (again). Yes, I do think it's a great book, if I can say so as the author. The study I put into it was hugely beneficial to me on a personal level, and I hope that comes through to readers, and proves beneficial to them as well. Real sobriety is not what our present moment fosters. Instead, we live in a world, and age, that is more and more out of it's mind, like someone intoxicated and staggering about. And that inebriation has poured into the church where we speak and write and act in destructive, drunken ways. And especially pastors and elders, who should be leading soberly from the front, are leading with flailing arms swinging this way and that, with their hair on fire. But God has not given us a spirit of fear. Rather, he has given us a Spirt of power, love, and sober-mindedness (2 Timothy 1:7).

Pick up the book, work through it, work it over, and see if I have made my case that Sober-mindedness is a forgotten Christian virtue. And in the end thank God that his grace is teaching us to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present age (Titus 2:11-12). As you read the book, feel free to ask me questions in the comments below. Cheers, Mike.

You can read through the endorsements here: Endorsements

You can see a sample of the book by reading my first chapter: Stormy Sea and Stormy Soul

You can find and purchase the book here: Our Heads On Straight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stormy Sea and Stormy Soul (Chapter 1)

Endorsements for "Our Heads On Straight"